with sundreid tomatoes and parmesan
Ravioli is a traditional italian food made on a day to day basis usually served with a broth or a sauce. Ravioli are commonly square, though other forms are also used, including circular and semi-circular. They are usually described as thin layers af pasta stuffed with a filling.
The filling can range from pesto, cheese, meat to any vegetabele, Mushroom is a classic filling being really delicious and flavorful.
Filling and topping
- Mushrooms(finely chopped) – 500gms
- Onion(finely chopped) – 2no
- garlic(finely chopped) – 10gms/2 cloves
- white wine – 60ml
- parmesan cheese grated – 75gms
- cheddar cheese grated – 50gms
- milk – 150ml
- salt – to taste
- oregano – 10gms
- spinach chopped – 100gms
- sundried tomato chopped – 40gms
- olive oil – 5ml
- Flour – 240gms
- egg yolk – 3no
- water and oil – to bind
- salt – to taste
- In a mixer add all the flour, egg yolks and salt.
- slowly add the oil and water till the dough comes together.
- Wrap the prepared dough in cling wrap and let it chill in the fridge for atleast 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a pan add olive oil, half of the chopped garlic and bith the onions, aloow to cook till translucent.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and cook till the water realesed by the mushroom dries up.
- Add half of the chopped spinach and allow to cook.
- Add the while wine and deglaze the pan, once the wine is evaporated add milk and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 50gms parmesan and all the cheddar.
- Season with salt and oregano and allow to cool.
- Once your pasta dough is cooled roll it out into thin sheets(you can you a pasta roller if you own it).
- cut about 36 cirlces from the dough.
- Place a spoonful of filling in half of the cut circles.
- Cover the circles with the mushroom filling with the other circles and seal the edges tightly.
- Boil the ravioli in the water and cook till the ravioli floats to the top. Strain and allow to cool.
- In a seperate pan heat olice oil. Add the remaining spinach and sundreied tomatoes. add in the cooked ravioli and toss.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve hot.