A lemon meringue pie is a classic dessert for the summers. specially for those who love tartness in their desserts. mango adds a tropical flavor as well as a level of sweetness.
the toasty meringue adds a smoky flavor also has a recall value as the meringue is usually toasted in front of the guest.
- flour – 100gms
- butter – 50gms
- water – 2tbsp
- egg yolks – 3no
- lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- mango puree – 3tbsp
- sugar – 1/4 cup
- corn flour – 2tbsp
- butter – 2tbsp
- Egg whites -3no
- sugar – 2.5tbsp
- In a small bowl mix together flour, butter and water until a smooth dough.
- wrap the dough in cling film and chill for an hour.
- in a saucepan, whisk together lemon juice, sugar , egg yolks, mango puree and corn flour together
- Heat the mixture over low heat until thick. it should coat the back of your spoon and if you run your finger through the back of the spoon the line should stay
- Mix in the butter in the lemon mixture and allow to cool.
- Roll out the down into 1/4 inch thick sheet
- Line the pie pan with oil and put in the pie dough.
- Bake in an 180°C for an hour
- Once the pie crust is baked allow it to cool for about 30 minutes
- While the pie crust is cooling whisk together egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form
- Pour in the lemon mango filling in the pie crust.
- Pipe on the meringue and torch with a blow torch.