Sticky toffee pudding is a classic winter dish warm, comforting and cozy. However, it can be really high in sugar, fats and calories. Indibaker brings to you a healthy version of your favourite sticky toffee pudding. This recipe allows you to enjoy the pudding with a hint of indulgence in the salted toffee sauce.
This recipe yields a 300gms cake or three individual serving size.
- 120ml strong brewed coffee
- 125gms pitted dates
- 50gms clarified butter(ghee)
- 75gms jaggery
- 1 tbsp soaked chia seeds
- zest of 1 orange
- 65gms flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 25gms walnut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl heat coffee and dates together for 10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture using a hand-blender into a smooth paste
- Using a microwave safe bowl melt the jaggery and clarified butter together until melted
- Pour the melthed ghee and jaggery into the date and coffee mixture.
- Add the chai seeds, oraange zest, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix to form a batter.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts until combined.
- Pour it into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan add the sugar and allow to caramelize on low heat.
- Once it turns to a light amber colour add the cream and milk.
- Allow the cystalized sugar to remelt.
- Add the salt and bring to a simmer.
Pour the toffee sauce over the date pudding and enjoy.