Lasagna is a American-Italian dish that is a layered pasta dish usually made with beef, vegetable and cheese and seasonings and spices such as garlic, oregano and basil. The dish can be topped with parmesan or mozzarella. The cooked pasta is assembled with the other ingredients and then baked in an oven.
Traditionally a beef ragu is made but as being an Indian beef is not used as much so I make a chicken mince and instead of using a béchamel sauce i prefer using pre-made pizza sauce and mozzarella. you can use pre-made lasagna sheets but i like making fresh pasta and i’ll be putting up the recipe for the same
- Flour – 240gms
- Eggs – 03no
- Salt – to taste
- Chicken Mince – 500gms
- Onion(finely chopped) – 2no
- Garlic(finely chopped) – 5 cloves
- Tomato Puree – 200ml
- All purpose seasoning – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Smoked Paprika – 05 gms
- Oil – 15 ml/1 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese grated – 500gms
- Pizza/Pasta Sauce – 200gms
- Oregano – to taste
- Chili Flakes – to taste
- Make the pasta by placing the flour in a bowl and add eggs and salt. Knead into a dough until nice and smooth, add water if dry, until it comes together. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan heat oil and add finely chopped onion till transparent and soft, add garlic and fry till fragrant. Add in the chicken mince and fry for a few minutes. till lightly browned.
- Add in the tomato puree and add a cup of water.
- Reduce until saucy add the seasoning and salt.
- Heat the oven to 200 degree F
- Roll out the pasta dough until thin.
- Boil the pasta till al-dente
- In a oven proof 9×9 greased dish add a spoon on the pasta sauce and add boiled lasagna sheet to cover the bottom. Add pasta sauce liberally and cover the pasta. Top with a layer of prepared chicken mince and cover with grated mozzarella.
- Repeat until you get three layers of each with the final layer being mozzarella cheese.
- Add Oregano and chili flaker
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Cut into portions and serve.